WELCOME! As mentioned earlier, this blog was created as part of a class project. The class, "Crafting the Vision", combines original photography and writing. I had always enjoy writing (especially poems) and taking pictures...but I had never put them together. Now I realize that I do enjoy crafting MY vision.
Some of the poems are serious, others are funny, some are in Spanish, some in Latin, and some make no sense at all. So, if you found this blog, you are either in the class, bored to death, or I begged you to check it out. Regardless of how you got here, your input is welcome.

Gracias por la visita!

-Emilia

Friday, May 28, 2010

MATER ADMIRABILIS


This is a feminist poem, a celebration of our sisterhood and our motherhood. For centuries women have been blamed for a lot of things: expulsion from the Garden of Eden and the Trojan war come to mind. And if you have any doubts ask Jezebel or Sarah Palin*. However, we must come to terms with the fact that without women this world may not survive. Indeed, Paradise belongs to us!!!

The central picture if of Mater Admirabilis , the patroness of the Sacred Heart schools around the world. She is an important part of any student who wandered through those hallways gathering bits and pieces of education, social relationships, and faith. However, somewhere between those hallways and the real world, faith is tested if not all together shattered. I have had my share. I searched for solace in friends, in books, and within the "outer limits"of my own mind. Lucky for me, she is always there, as a reminder that I can always retreat to those worry free days when my only concern was acing a test.

2 comments:

  1. Emilia!
    Would it be OK if students published this photo and writing in the fall Callisophia? It may be only an online version this year, but if not, I would make sure you get a hard copy.
    Let me know.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply. Crazy summer!
    It will be fine and I will be honored.

    ReplyDelete