WELCOME! As mentioned earlier, this blog was created as part of a class project. The class, "Crafting the Vision", combines original photography and writing. I had always enjoy writing (especially poems) and taking pictures...but I had never put them together. Now I realize that I do enjoy crafting MY vision.
Some of the poems are serious, others are funny, some are in Spanish, some in Latin, and some make no sense at all. So, if you found this blog, you are either in the class, bored to death, or I begged you to check it out. Regardless of how you got here, your input is welcome.

Gracias por la visita!

-Emilia

Friday, May 21, 2010

Into Sacred Ground


This was actually my first project for the class. I got good reviews from my classmates but no one truly understood what I was talking about. Some (most) thought that this was a religious poem talking about Jesus Christ. I hated to burst their bubble but the poem has NOTHING to do with my faith. It describes the first time in an anatomy lab. Every medical student has to go through this and, perhaps, the most important thing they will ever learn there is to respect the bodies willingly donated so they can learn.
Once my classmates understood the meaning, their attention focused on the picture. What does a skylight had to do with dissection? Well, when you look at the picture you see there is something beyond the facade and one tries to "decipher" what it is. Just like the human body the real challenge is in understanding what is inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment