WELCOME! As mentioned earlier, this blog was created as part of a class project. The class, "Crafting the Vision", combines original photography and writing. I had always enjoy writing (especially poems) and taking pictures...but I had never put them together. Now I realize that I do enjoy crafting MY vision.
Some of the poems are serious, others are funny, some are in Spanish, some in Latin, and some make no sense at all. So, if you found this blog, you are either in the class, bored to death, or I begged you to check it out. Regardless of how you got here, your input is welcome.

Gracias por la visita!

-Emilia

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Listening


First let me say that I love these pictures but it was either my Mom or my brother Kike who took them while I was playing in the sand with Elizabeth. So thank you Mom and Kike!!!!
Ben (he was barely one then) and Dad had a very serious conversation that day despite their 60 plus year difference. Neither one is telling.
And then it hit me, why I never pay much attention to what my dad or my son (or my husband for that matter) tell me? Most of my conversations with Dad revolve around car's mechanical problems and, now, most of my conversations with Ben revolve around race cars. Blame genetics. Nonetheless, once in a while, they tell me something that makes me stop, listen carefully, and think. Thus I made myself a promise: I will listen.
Maybe the key to happinness lies somewhere between Dad's wisdom and Ben's innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment